Monday, June 26, 2006

Evaluations for recent 2 day seminar on future trends / building a better business - for Barclays Bank / Absa Bank

Here are evaluations received this week from a two day Barclays Bank / Absa Bank programme for senior executives in Johannesburg last month. You will find the presentations on http://www.globalchange.com/ppt4/barclays/index.htm

And also http://www.globalchange.com/ppt4/barclaysbbb/index.htm

 

  • The team was fully engaged throughout the session.  He demonstrated a lot of maturity, interest and was amazingly knowledgeable.  He has taken me on a journey destined to assist me succeed in life as a global player.  He shared with great passion – ways that will assist us “Bankers of the Millennium”.  A big thank you for sharing Patrick with us.
  • When I saw the topic “Future Trends” I thought “here we go again, another futurologist”.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The ideas and issues that Dr Dixon covered were things that really matter and the humble way be presents made it even more powerful.
  • A great session.  Helped put future in context for our own business.  Challenges ahead explored together.  Good pace, great context, highly interactive.
  • Very good topics, nicely presented.  Participation was very good and questions helped a lot in re-thinking.
  • Great food for thought.
  • Exciting insight and opportunity to venture into the future both personally and in terms of the business.
  • Good delivery.  Team exercises kept us attentive.  
  • Patrick took us through the six faces of the future (i.e. fast - urban – universal and tribal – radical - ethical).  He provoked all participants to think outside the business strategy as there are a lot of opportunities if you look at the world in different ways.  The six faces were linked to scenarios for group discussions that helped us understand events that would have an impact on our businesses. 
  • The book (futurewise) gave a great insight into future trends.
  • Dr Dixon allowed lots of group work which helps in the learning process (learn by doing).
  • Learnt about the importance of emotion and innovation in our business and as leaders how we stay afloat in this ever changing world.
  • Brought home the issues very clearly and personally.  WIFM helps everyone to understand the stakes for each person and the organization if not making an effort to understand the future and use scenarios to prepare.
  • A great 2 days of insights.  The alignment between current success and legacy 80/20 were the most powerful.
  • Very interesting stuff on the future “stuff”.  Insight was very useful.  The scenario planning and strategizing was very useful.
  • Patrick, you have the gift of sharing your experiences, knowledge about issues that matter to both businesses and individuals like me.  Little did I know that your contribution would have such a big impact in my life.  You have done just that.
  • I learned a couple of very valuable concepts today that will help me a lot as a manager going forward.
  • Helped me think about my own values.  Committed to changing the way I do things to be more effective and connect more with my personal goals.
  • Excellent.  Again the way participation of the team was encouraged, very good.
  • Enjoyed the opportunity to apply concepts of success to personal life.
  • Learnings of 80:20 – assist in increasing efficiency and effectiveness back in the office.
  • Well delivered.  I enjoyed the work life balance session.
  • Patrick challenged us on our understanding of what each participant termed as personal successes and what our current successes were.  We had group discussions on war for talent and managing ourselves which provided a reality check of the resources we employ and to understand my inner being.
  • Great visual aids used.  Topic on leadership was for talent.  Marketing very, very well delivered, gave me huge tools to see myself well placed in the future world.
  • The 80:20 rule and how I can improve in the 20 to get 80% impact.  This was good in helping me increase my productivity and that of my team members.
  • More of the WIFM.  Understanding how I feel helps me to understand how my people feel.
  • Very useful insight.  This was really soul searching stuff.

 

You will find the presentations on http://www.globalchange.com/ppt4/barclays/index.htm

And also http://www.globalchange.com/ppt4/barclaysbbb/index.htm

 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home